ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS
Your dentist, Dr. Heppner or Dr. Bailey, will completely evaluate your smile to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign can solve most mild to moderate orthodontic problems. Severe cases, however, will require a different means of treatment.
Once determining that Invisalign is the right treatment for you, your dentist will take images and impressions of your mouth to send to the Invisalign lab. From there, your aligners will be custom made to fit your mouth. These aligners will be swapped out for new ones every two weeks to slowly move your teeth into their desired position. Treatment can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on the severity of the case. The clear braces should be worn for 22 hours per day, only to be taken out for eating, drinking, brushing and flossing. You will be required to visit us every 6 weeks or so to check the status of treatment.
Invis is the smile you want, the way you want.
There are many benefits associated with Invisalign. First, the clear braces are removable. This is highly desirable for patients who do not want to give up their favorite foods like corn on the cob, or caramel apples. Simply remove the aligners before every meal to enjoy any food you like.
Second, it is comfortable. The clear aligners are made of thin plastic custom fit to your mouth. With regular metal braces, you can easily cut your mouth or tongue on the hard metal or wires. The comfortable aligners are great for all patients, especially those who play contact sports. In addition, Invisalign gradually moves teeth into their desired position. This results in less pain than with metal braces.
Another benefit is that your dental health does not decrease. In addition, the clear aligners are removable for brushing and flossing which makes them great for maintaining good oral health.
Invisalign is a virtually invisible solution, so you can smile both during treatment and after. In fact, almost no one will know you’re wearing it unless you tell.
1. Gives you healthier gums – When teeth are too widely spaced or crowded, they often become inflamed and red. These characteristics not only look bad, they’re a sign of periodontal disease. Straightening your teeth helps the gums fit more securely around the teeth, creating the strongest defense against periodontal problems.
2. Makes teeth easier to clean – Crowded teeth are much more difficult to floss, which can lead to plaque buildup and eventually tooth decay. The inability to remove all the food caught in the brackets and wires of metal braces can also lead to a similar outcome.
3. Prevents abnormal tooth wear – Crowded bottom teeth often cause one or more teeth to jut out, which rub against the upper teeth. Over time, this leads to an inefficient chewing function and can cause undue wear to tooth enamel.
4. Decreases your risk of tooth injury – Crowded, protruding upper teeth are more likely to be broken in the event of an accident.
5. Decreases headaches or neck pain – Crooked teeth place excessive stress on the gums and the bone that supports the teeth. This can also be a sign of a jaw misalignment, which can lead to chronic headaches as well as face or neck pain.
6. Improves self-esteem and happiness – An important component of your overall health is your mental health. Numerous studies have shown that having a better looking smile increases the amount you smile, which in turn leads to various health benefits, including lower stress and improved cognition.
7. Improves overall health – The tooth decay and gum disease associated with crooked teeth are caused by decay. Left untreated, this bacteria can lead to mouth sores, bleeding gums and possible tooth loss.
Studies by the ADA have also proven that bacteria can create oral infections, which may lead to more serious ailments including heart disease, stroke, diabetes and pneumonia.
In most cases, the cost of Invisalign treatment is similar to the cost of braces. We will determine the cost of your treatment based on how complex your case is and how many aligners you need.
There are several options to make Invisalign treatment more affordable for you, from using insurance and tax-free dollars to a monthly payment plan.
We offer flexible and affordable monthly payment plans, which allow you to make smaller payments through the course of your Invisalign treatment rather than all at once.
Our office offers financing through LendingPoint. LendingPoint is a third-party patient financing program that makes it easier for you to get the treatment or procedures you want and need.
Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment the same way they cover braces. Your insurance may pay for a certain percentage of your Invisalign treatment, or it may pay for a certain dollar amount.
Our financial coordinator will verify insurance coverage for you prior to your treatment plan consult.
If you're curious if Invisalign is a good fit for you, the first step is a consultation. The consultation involves a digital scan, facial photos, and a panoramic x-ray. Your dentist will evaluate your current bite, review how Invisalign works, and create a digital treatment plan that will be presented at a second appointment (in person or by phone call). At your treatment presentation you will be given all the financial information, length of treatment, and the steps involved with your individualized plan.
Yes, you can remove your Invisalign aligners for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. You can take them off for special occasions, like a wedding, job interview, or for playing your favorite sport or instrument. Your doctor will tell you how long to wear your aligners each day, but typically people wear their Invisalign aligners 20 to 22 hours a day to get the best results.
None! Invisalign clear aligners are removable, so there are no food restrictions at all (hello popcorn!). With traditional wires and brackets, there’s a long list of foods you unfortunately can’t enjoy because they can damage or get stuck in your braces.